- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 199
- Garden / Landscaping — 184
- Appliance / Repair — 152
- Interior Design / Decor — 145
- Real Estate / Finance — 107
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 101
- Doors / Garages — 93
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 90
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 78
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 73
- Construction / Materials — 73
- Plumbing / Basements — 73
List of Essential Construction Equipment
by Sally Smith on Nov 25, 2014
Specialized skill is obviously important for a construction job to be finished efficiently. But having the right, professional equipment ensures that the results are even better. No matter which kind of construction is undertaken – carpentry, masonry or otherwise – the construction industry needs the right equipment for the final results to be as they are. This is why plant hire, dozer hire and dump truck hire services are so popular. These are the major equipment and by using hiring services, construction companies can bring their cost down. The following is a list of construction equipment that people should know about –
- Backhoe Loaders – Also called “diggers”, backhoe loaders are essential to the construction industry. This heavy equipment has a unit similar to a tractor and at the front of it is a bucket or a shovel. It is extremely versatile in nature and is especially ideal for small construction projects because of its relatively small size. It is often used for fixing roads, building houses and performing any other job which involves digging, trenching, demolitions, transportation of raw materials, paving and landscaping. It is also used for powering a variety of building equipment.
- Cranes – Cranes falls under the category of heavy equipment that has sheaves, chains, ropes and hoists. A crane is used for moving materials horizontally, lowering them down or lifting them up. Its primary purpose is transportation of materials from one place to another. It is extensively used in lifting jobs where heavy materials are concerned.
- Excavators – An excavator consists of a bucket, stick, boom and a cab with a rotating platform. It is operated with a cable. Hydraulic excavators come with hydraulic motors, hydraulic cylinders and hydraulic fluids. Cable excavators and hydraulic excavators work differently because they use different technologies. The primary usage of an excavator is in drilling, digging, material handling and mining. Check out a list of excavators here.
- Crawler Dozer – Also called a “bulldozer”, a crawler dozer comes with a blade which can be used for pushing rubble, sand and soil in large quantities. It also comes equipped with a ripper which claws back (or forth) compact, loose and dense material. Farms, engineering construction projects, heavy industries, military bases, quarries, mines and other construction sites have a crawler dozer. Check out a list of dozer here.
- Skid Steer Loader – Also called a “skidsteer”, this construction equipment has a rigid and small frame and it is powered with an engine. It has arms which can be used for attaching a variety of useful attachments for achieving great results in a variety of construction projects. Sometimes, instead of using large excavators, skid steer loaders are preferred for digging holes.
- Other Tools and Equipment - Construction tools are as important as construction equipment. The main tools include measuring equipment like laser meters, clamps, air compressors, hammers, screwdrivers, drills, circular saws, sanders, air-nailers, trowels, mixers, masonry saws, cut-off concrete saws, and impact wrenches.
Instead of purchasing these extremely expensive tools and equipment, hiring should be preferred. Even beginner construction workers and hobbyists use plant hire, dozer hire and dump truck hire services. Outright purchase can drill a huge hole in the pocket of even companies and this is why hiring, renting or hire-purchase is always a better option. It provides the tools and equipment necessary for a job without spending a fortune.
Most Recent Articles
- Jun 6, 2018 Heavy Equipment Maintenance and Planning by Khalid Irfan
- May 10, 2018 Add a Deck to Your Commercial Location to Increase its Value by Guest
- Apr 16, 2018 Buying Secondhand Sea and Cargo Conex Containers Reporposed by Nick Fraiser
- Apr 13, 2018 Tips You Can Use if You Want to Build a Small Office Out of a Shipping Container by Ikhraaf Qaiser
- Apr 7, 2018 3 Awesome Reasons Your New Carport Should Be a Metal One by Juan Campos