- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 207
- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 200
- Appliance / Repair — 157
- Interior Design / Decor — 143
- Real Estate / Finance — 113
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 103
- Doors / Garages — 97
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 91
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 84
- Plumbing / Basements — 78
- Construction / Materials — 76
- Safety / Security — 75
Which Bedroom Doors for You?
by Guest on Sep 29, 2011
If you are renovating your home from the bottom up then you are probably knee deep in the complexities of kitchen and bathroom fittings, and can’t wait to get onto the simpler rooms such as the bedrooms. Don’t be complacent and skimp on attention to detail however – once you’ve sorted the basics of your design scheme for upstairs, how about things like the interior doors which can really change the entire look of your home? Read on for some questions to ask yourself in order to pick the best bedroom doors for you and your kids:
- Are you going to change all the doors in the house or just the ones upstairs? Whichever way you go then you might be looking at matching in, contrasting or picking something entirely new.
- How about materials? Do you want hardwood doors, painted doors, glass panels or something entirely different. Shop around to see what you like.
- What are the acoustics like in your home? Depending on the age and construction of the building you may need to consider sound proofing issues and the doors you choose will make a difference.
- How safety conscious are you? Fire doors are ultra-sensible if you have concerns over fire safety in your home.
- What about the door furniture? That’s the handles to me and you! Modern, traditional or contemporary – there are loads to go at.
- Do you have to consider other wood work? Exposed wood skirting, architrave, solid boards or engineered wood flooring will all need to either match, tone or contrast if you are going for wood finish doors.
- Do you want to lock the world out? Don’t spoil your beautiful new doors by adding bolts or hooks once they are fitted. Buy them pre-fitted with any privacy or security lock requirements you may have.
Most Recent Articles
- Sep 30, 2018 Public Garage Storage Cabinets by Guest
- Jul 7, 2018 Common Garage Door Problems and Solutions by Thomas Lynam
- Jul 7, 2018 When to Invest in the Best Possible Garage Doors by Daniel Hensley
- Jul 7, 2018 Things to Know about Garage Door Windows by Kenneth May
- Jun 30, 2018 Simple Hacks For Organizing Your Garage by Iwan Gunawan