- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 255
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 232
- Appliance / Repair — 186
- Real Estate / Finance — 182
- Interior Design / Decor — 181
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 144
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 137
- Improvements / Remodeling — 129
- Plumbing / Basements — 115
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 112
- Safety / Security — 112
- Doors / Garages — 111
Simple Cleaning Tips for Maintenance of a Varnished Hardwood Flooring
by Guest on Apr 4, 2012
Efficient upkeep of a wood floor starts with frequent and regular cleaning utilizing a broom and/or a vacuum cleaner to remove as much dirt or grit as possible. Dust, as well as grit, will produce minimal abrasion, dulling the finish over the years. The excellent habit of brooming and/or vacuuming regularly will certainly add some years to any floors with no need to revarnish.
Now that the wood floor is rid of particles, grit, and dust, it is now time to use a wood floor cleaner mainly made for cleaning hardwood floors (or for cleaning laminate floors). Using a mop mainly designed for this task is suitable. Microfiber mops will not damage wood floorings. A good cleaning movement should follow the structural laminations of the floor for effective maintenance and cleaning. Make sure to clean the mop when it is getting dirty, then keep going with the cleaning. The mop shouldn’t have to be used as often as the vacuum and/or the broom for cleaning. Even so, cleaning with the mop once a month should probably be suitable.
Try avoiding oil-based cleaners to clean the floor. Waxes and some oil-based cleaners can leave an oily film, damage the floor or make it slippery. It could also make the hardwood floor more difficult to upkeep.
Even with rigorous maintenance and cleaning of your flooring, the flooring should get the protection of good quality varnish. Today, an impressive variety of good varnishes are recommended and easily available. Depending on the composition of the varnish, the many distinguishing qualities of hardness, transparency, resistance, and brightness will certainly vary. Applying on a wood floor a good varnish represents a smart choice when considering the duration of your wood flooring.
Most Recent Articles
- Nov 8, 2021 Effective Methods for Eliminating the Slipperiness on Marble Floors by Nick Marr
- Jul 15, 2021 Tile Reglazing vs. Tile Replacement by Samantha
- Jun 18, 2021 Which Is Better for You? Polished vs. Stained Concrete by Kenneth Eres
- Mar 22, 2021 Flooring Types to Consider for Your Home by Jacob Hobbs
- Oct 19, 2020 Top 5 Tips for Choosing the Right Vinyl Siding by Guest