- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 214
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 210
- Appliance / Repair — 159
- Interior Design / Decor — 149
- Real Estate / Finance — 132
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 107
- Doors / Garages — 96
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 95
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 94
- Construction / Materials — 87
- Improvements / Remodeling — 85
- Plumbing / Basements — 84
Foods That Attract Certain Species of Birds
by Dan Eskelson on Apr 28, 2012
To attract birds, especially cardinals, chickadees, titmice, nuthatches, woodpeckers, grosbeaks and towhees to a new feeder, mix peanuts liberally with seed and watch how quickly they respond.
Sunflower Meats attract redpolls, chickadees, cardinals, nuthatches, titmice, goldfinches, pine siskins.
Shelled Peanuts attract cardinals, woodpeckers, nuthatches, grosbeaks, chickadees, titmice, towhees.
Thistle, also known as niger, attracts finches, redpolls, pine siskins, juncos, Indigo buntings.
Safflower attracts cardinals, chickadees, titmice. Starlings, grackles and squirrels don’t like it.
Thistle Gold attracts goldfinches, purple finches, pine siskins, redpolls, and juncos.
Yellow Corn attracts ducks, geese; squirrels like whole corn; songbirds eat cracked corn for energy in colder weather.
Millet attracts pine siskins, chipping, song, field and fox sparrows, mourning doves, juncos, purple finches.
Perodovic Sunflower (Black Oil) attracts cardinals, chickadees, finches, grosbeaks, crossbills, nuthatches, titmice, all your favorites. Most favored bird seed.
Finches Favorite attracts all finches, chickadees, nuthatches.
Wild Bird Mix attracts most songbirds that like sunflower and peanuts.
Dan Eskelson @ Clearwater Landscapes, Inc.
Most Recent Articles
- Aug 29, 2019 Curb Appeal: The Little Things Matter by Craig Daniel
- Aug 23, 2019 How To Fix A Leaning Privacy Fence by Zachary Drumm
- Aug 16, 2019 3 Ways to Prepare Your Lawn for Fall by Ray Winters
- Aug 16, 2019 Raised Bed Gardens: Their Benefits, Pros, and Cons by Nick Marr
- Aug 5, 2019 Patio Design Tips From The Pros by Guest