- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 201
- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 194
- Appliance / Repair — 154
- Interior Design / Decor — 146
- Real Estate / Finance — 111
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 102
- Doors / Garages — 97
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 91
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 81
- Construction / Materials — 75
- Plumbing / Basements — 75
- Safety / Security — 74
Foods That Attract Certain Species of Birds
by Dan Eskelson on Apr 28, 2012
To attract birds, especially cardinals, chickadees, titmice, nuthatches, woodpeckers, grosbeaks and towhees to a new feeder, mix peanuts liberally with seed and watch how quickly they respond.
Sunflower Meats attract redpolls, chickadees, cardinals, nuthatches, titmice, goldfinches, pine siskins.
Shelled Peanuts attract cardinals, woodpeckers, nuthatches, grosbeaks, chickadees, titmice, towhees.
Thistle, also known as niger, attracts finches, redpolls, pine siskins, juncos, Indigo buntings.
Safflower attracts cardinals, chickadees, titmice. Starlings, grackles and squirrels don’t like it.
Thistle Gold attracts goldfinches, purple finches, pine siskins, redpolls, and juncos.
Yellow Corn attracts ducks, geese; squirrels like whole corn; songbirds eat cracked corn for energy in colder weather.
Millet attracts pine siskins, chipping, song, field and fox sparrows, mourning doves, juncos, purple finches.
Perodovic Sunflower (Black Oil) attracts cardinals, chickadees, finches, grosbeaks, crossbills, nuthatches, titmice, all your favorites. Most favored bird seed.
Finches Favorite attracts all finches, chickadees, nuthatches.
Wild Bird Mix attracts most songbirds that like sunflower and peanuts.
Dan Eskelson @ Clearwater Landscapes, Inc.
Most Recent Articles
- Aug 12, 2018 Looking for Fresh Vegetables in the Winter? by Guest
- Jul 18, 2018 4 Reasons Why You Should Visit a Plant Nursery This Weekend by Robert Smiddy
- Jul 18, 2018 5 Ways to Maintain a Home Landscape by Don Gardner
- Jul 18, 2018 7 Ways to Revamp Your Deck by Bob Ryan
- Jul 18, 2018 Outdoor Renovation 101 by Vicky Layton