- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 198
- Garden / Landscaping — 177
- Appliance / Repair — 152
- Interior Design / Decor — 142
- Real Estate / Finance — 104
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 100
- Doors / Garages — 88
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 80
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 71
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 69
- Plumbing / Basements — 69
- Construction / Materials — 67
Foods That Attract Certain Species of Birds
by Dan Eskelson on Apr 28, 2012
To attract birds, especially cardinals, chickadees, titmice, nuthatches, woodpeckers, grosbeaks and towhees to a new feeder, mix peanuts liberally with seed and watch how quickly they respond.
Sunflower Meats attract redpolls, chickadees, cardinals, nuthatches, titmice, goldfinches, pine siskins.
Shelled Peanuts attract cardinals, woodpeckers, nuthatches, grosbeaks, chickadees, titmice, towhees.
Thistle, also known as niger, attracts finches, redpolls, pine siskins, juncos, Indigo buntings.
Safflower attracts cardinals, chickadees, titmice. Starlings, grackles and squirrels don’t like it.
Thistle Gold attracts goldfinches, purple finches, pine siskins, redpolls, and juncos.
Yellow Corn attracts ducks, geese; squirrels like whole corn; songbirds eat cracked corn for energy in colder weather.
Millet attracts pine siskins, chipping, song, field and fox sparrows, mourning doves, juncos, purple finches.
Perodovic Sunflower (Black Oil) attracts cardinals, chickadees, finches, grosbeaks, crossbills, nuthatches, titmice, all your favorites. Most favored bird seed.
Finches Favorite attracts all finches, chickadees, nuthatches.
Wild Bird Mix attracts most songbirds that like sunflower and peanuts.
Dan Eskelson @ Clearwater Landscapes, Inc.
Most Recent Articles
- Feb 9, 2018 How to Create Privacy in Your Yard - Simple Tips You Can Use by Boris Dzhingarov
- Dec 11, 2017 A Guide to Garden Landscaping and Maintenance by Martin Gracewell
- Nov 26, 2017 Love Your Landscape: Creating the Perfect Outdoor Space for Your Home is Easy by Tom Grant
- Oct 9, 2017 Garden Water Features and Fish – Basic Tips You Should Know About by T. Lopez
- Oct 9, 2017 9 Amazing Design Tips and Techniques for Starting a Small Garden by James Cummings