- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 216
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 210
- Appliance / Repair — 159
- Interior Design / Decor — 150
- Real Estate / Finance — 134
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 107
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 98
- Doors / Garages — 98
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 98
- Improvements / Remodeling — 90
- Construction / Materials — 89
- Plumbing / Basements — 86
Simple Ways to Create More Space in Your RV
by Boris Dzhingarov on Aug 2, 2017
For many people across the country, owning an RV provides them with the freedom and flexibility to travel whenever they want. RV’s provide a unique traveling experience that can be enjoyed by all age groups with many different interests. With that said, there is one thing that most RV owners can agree on, and that’s the fact they could always use more space inside the vehicle.
Whether you lack storage, prep, or entertaining space, there are always tricks you can use that will help you to create more space in your RV. Here’s a look at some of the simplest space-saving tips.
The Right Kind of Furniture
If you are trying to furnish your RV using the same type of furniture you’d buy for your home, then you’re definitely going to run into space issues. Instead, opt for furniture that has been specifically designed and built for RV’s. Special recliners for RVs are great examples of suitable furniture. These are wall huggers, so they don't take up as much space. Look at cup holders, too, so you don't need a side table. Many of them offer a modular design so you can easily install them in your RV.
When you purchase furniture that is made for RVs you won’t be sacrificing on comfort, but it does save on space.
Consider Rear Storage
If it's storage space you're after, there is no reason you even have to make changes to the interior of your RV. Nowadays, you can easily pick up a rear storage unit that will provide you with extra space. Just make sure that the unit doesn't get in the way of the tow, which means you may need a hitch extender. This is perfect for storing items you don’t need so much access to.
Be Creative with Your Use of Space
Sometimes, finding more space requires you to look at things in a more creative manner. This means looking past the shelves and drawers that your RV offers and finding other places you can use for storage. The wall and ceiling can offer you additional storage space that helps to get things out of the cupboards and off the tables, providing more space overall.
Suggestions can include hanging baskets for your fresh fruit; storing your spices in magnetic tins on the wall; a hanging mesh net for magazines/toys/dirty clothes; and wall mounting items such as your broom and dustpan, vacuum, flashlights, and anything else you can think of.
Stackable Storage Bins
Of course, storage bins are always a fabulous solution as you can store plenty of items in them, they can be stacked or stored under things, and you don’t have to worry about the items coming loose and rolling around.
Each of these tips is bound to create more space in your RV and will also help to create a more organized less cluttered feel in the space. This means you’ll have a whole bunch more space for relaxing, entertaining and enjoying your vacation.
Most Recent Articles
- Sep 26, 2019 Clever Home Theatre Seating Design Features You Need to Know by Martyn Weber
- Aug 15, 2019 Seven Things to Remember When Designing the Rooms in Your Home by Jane Brown
- Jul 11, 2019 Luxury Interior Design Can Breathe New Life In To Any Home by Jason Mills
- Jun 4, 2019 The Advantages and Disadvantages of Platform Beds by Guest
- May 23, 2019 Get Inspired in the Decision to Buy a Home and the Best Interior Design Trends to Give a Go by Roger