- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 197
- Garden / Landscaping — 176
- Appliance / Repair — 152
- Interior Design / Decor — 142
- Real Estate / Finance — 104
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 100
- Doors / Garages — 88
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 80
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 71
- Plumbing / Basements — 69
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 68
- Construction / Materials — 66
Kitchen and Bath Remodeling Increases The Resale Value of a Home
by Guest on Aug 23, 2013
Homeowners that are trying to boost the resale value of their home tend to figure out very fast that not all renovations are created equal. A lot of “big-ticket” items such as flagstones around your pool, a pond in your backyard, or hardwood floors can be great for you as the homeowner. However, these improvements are for the homeowner and will not do much to increase the resale value of your home. Instead of items like this, homeowners should focus on items like a bathroom remodeling or kitchen-remodeling job.
Kris Anderson, a Re/Max agent says, “The key when remodeling is to think in terms of resale always.”
The Benefits of A Good Remodeling Job
There are wide ranges of home improvements that can increase the resale value of your home, from simply painting to more extensive projects like a kitchen or bathroom remodel, even in the current buyer’s market. A bathroom remodeling job, especially updating an aging master bathroom or adding an additional bathroom can bring you a 168% return on your investment.
If you are doing a remodeling job, remember that kitchen remodeling is very important. The kitchen is still looked at as the most important room in the house. If you remodel your kitchen, again you will see an increase in your homes resale value with a 168% return on investment.
Now that you know the top rooms to remodel for the biggest return, it’s time to get to work.
Most Recent Articles
- Feb 7, 2018 6 Popular Materials for Kitchen Countertops by Guest
- Dec 27, 2017 5 Gorgeous Tubs That Will Make You Want to Renovate Your Bathroom by Tom Grant
- Dec 20, 2017 5 Ways to Store Things in a Small Bathroom by Guest
- Nov 22, 2017 Timber Products in Wet Environments by Will Baker
- Nov 16, 2017 How to Pick the Right Refrigerator for Your Kitchen by Crikett