- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 216
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 212
- Appliance / Repair — 159
- Interior Design / Decor — 150
- Real Estate / Finance — 134
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 107
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 99
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 98
- Doors / Garages — 98
- Improvements / Remodeling — 90
- Construction / Materials — 89
- Plumbing / Basements — 86
Why You Need Professionals for Pest Control
by Valerie Muscat on Apr 4, 2019
Living with pests can be a nightmare because seeing roaches and ants scurrying up & down your home is not a pleasant sight. And this isn’t just an aesthetic issue but a health risk as well. These roaches harbour germs and bacteria that can prove to be detrimental to your health since they sometimes like hiding where you keep your food.
Sure, you can always try and kill the pests in plain sight but this won’t eliminate your problem entirely. This is why you must leave the job to the professionals. You must consider engaging a professional pest control services company because of reasons we’ll list below.
Diseases and Bacteria Caused by Pests
We’ll start by pointing out the most common diseases associated with harbouring roaches:
- Cockroaches are known to carry bacteria named E coli and salmonella on their bodies. Both can intensify health problems related to asthma and allergies.
- Tick bites can cause what is known as Lyme disease. It’s a disease which is very dangerous and can display symptoms like extreme fatigue & severe rashes.
- Ants can also contaminate your food which can cause an upset stomach.
- Bee stings can cause injuries or trigger allergic reactions.
5 Reasons You Must Call a Professional Fumigator
Safeguard Your Health
When it comes to pest control, you’ll find a wide range of pest control products at your disposal. While these sprays are designed to kill pests, unfortunately the same fumes may pose as a danger to you and your family.
After all, being exposed to chemicals of any kind generally puts your health at risk. In most cases, these products contain chemicals that you have no detailed knowledge of and can be potentially harmful not only to you but your pets & plants.
Chances are when using the products, you’re less likely to:
- Take the necessary safety precautions
- Wear the recommended safety gear
- Know the exact method of application so you don’t put yourself at risk
This is where the professionals come in. As qualified fumigators, they’re trained and equipped to deal with pests in a safe & effective manner. Not only will they have the right equipment, but they’ll also use the appropriate gear and take the necessary precautions required when fumigating.
Effective Treatment Program
As mentioned before, eliminating pests you see in plain sight is only part of the solution. The key lies in identifying the source of the infestation so that you get rid of all them. And you’ll admit that you can only know so much about these hiding places.
A professional pest controller has both training and experience on his or her side & as such will know:
- Exactly where to look and identify all the hiding places
- How to determine the cause of the problem
- Eliminate the source to prevent future infestations
- Which methods to use depending on the severity of the infestation
Trying to get rid of pests on your own is by no means a quick and easy process. By taking matters into your hands, you have to be prepared to:
- Dedicate a lot of time in performing the task. Remember you won’t only be dealing with one section or area. You have to treat the whole place.
- Along with spending a lot of time, you’re likely to spend substantial amounts of money buying insecticides.
- The labour involved is no child’s play and the hours you put into the task is more likely to leave you tired & frustrated
The unfortunate part is even after investing all your time, effort and money, chances are the job might not be done thorough enough. All your efforts may be in vain. So why not leave the hard work to the professionals? Since they’re more experienced, they’ll know how to perform the task quickly and efficiently too.
Sure, the initial cost of hiring a professional fumigation company may seem a little steep. But the truth of the matter is, it’ll end up being a much cheaper alternative compared to handling the job yourself.
Many homeowners can attest to how many products they had to buy in their quest to get rid of pests. And the insecticide market doesn’t make it easier, because you’ll find different brands—and all of them claim to be the most effective.
You’re likely to purchase one treatment after another; from powders and baits to sprays a you attempt to get rid of the problem. No doubt, this will end up being a costly process. So engaging the services of a professional pest control company from the onset will be in your best interests to avoid wasting money. Get it right the first time.
Most professional pest control companies provide warranties for their services. This means after treatment, if the pests happen to come back within a specified time, they’ll come and treat your premises again—free of charge.
You’ll admit that’s an attribute worth considering and which buying insecticides at a store simply can’t match.
Based on the reasons above, you can see why engaging the services of a professional fumigator is a much better option than trying to handle the matter yourself. Not only is it a much quicker and effective way, but it also comes with guarantees. You can rest easy at night knowing that your problem has been completely solved and safely too. The critters are gone!
Most Recent Articles
- Oct 9, 2019 Signs that Termites Have Made a Home in Your House by Edina Losonczi
- Aug 27, 2019 How to Get Rid of Flies Indoors by Nick Marr
- Jul 18, 2019 What You Need to Know About Professional Wasp Removal Services by Guest
- Jun 25, 2019 Summer Time Does Not Have to be Bug Time by Nick Marr
- Feb 17, 2019 Ingenious Method to Get Rid of Ants at Your Home by Dustin