411 Home Repair
 

411homerepair.com

Latest Articles

What Is The Difference Between A Furnace And A Boiler?

We are sure you already heard about furnaces and boilers but most people have no idea what the differences is between the two. Generally speaking,...

on Dec 9, 2016

Glass Fencing: Finding Balance in the Yard with this Simple Addition

There are so many things to think about when building or remodeling property. Sometimes projects don’t come together like we had planned and...

on Dec 8, 2016

Super Eco Home Improvements to Add Real Value to Your Modern Home

Over the past decade, people have gone from freely using resources to eventually coming to the realization that it is critical to work to conserve...

on Dec 7, 2016

5 Ideas for DIY Decorations for Upcoming Winter Holidays

The holidays are coming up and it is time to think about preparations. Most people associate winter holidays with family, close people, favorite...

on Dec 6, 2016

Things You Should Monitor in Your Home

As a homeowner, it is vital that you are monitoring your home for things such as black mold, methane gas, carbon monoxide, and radon gas. To ensure...

on Dec 5, 2016

Symptoms of Toxic Mold and How to Avoid It

by Guest on May 13, 2012

The health concerns of mold exposure have been growing thanks in part to increased media awareness and more research conducted in this field. It is important to know that mold and mold spores are everywhere, but it is when the conditions are right that they grow, leading to health issues.

Not all molds are considered toxic mold. Toxic molds, such as the often-publicized black mold, are a group of molds that produce chemical substances called mycotoxins. Mycotoxins are then carried on mold spores, mold fragments and even the surface that the mold is growing on.

There are basically 3 ways a person can become exposed to toxic mold and mycotoxins:

  • Breathing in mold spores
  • Skin contact from handling moldy objects
  • Eating objects that have mold on them, whether by growth or by transference from improperly washed hands.

Reactions to mold and even toxic mold can vary depending upon the condition of the person. Relatively healthy people with no history of allergies may show little to no effect to exposure, while others such as children, infants, the elderly, people with respiratory conditions and people with immune deficiencies may be at the most risk of toxic mold symptoms.

Toxic Mold (or black mold) Symptoms include:

  • Allergic reactions such as eye, nose and throat irritations
  • Sinus Infections
  • Respiratory Problems
  • Fatigue
  • Headaches
  • Nervous systems problems like memory loss, trouble concentrating and confusion ·
  • Chronic aches and pains
  • Digestive problems

Other non-health related symptoms that may indicate toxic mold is present could be things as simple as a musty odor or smell and the visual dark green color commonly associated with toxic black mold.

If you experience any of these toxic mold symptoms while indoors, then you may have a mold problem, particularly if the symptoms dissipate when you evacuate the vicinity and you may want to have the premises tested. In most cases toxic mold can be treated and living conditions restored back to normal.

Now, there are ways to prevent the growth of toxic mold (or regular mold). You have to understand that mold in actuality is not really the problem, but rather a symptom itself that means there is a larger problem and that is moisture control. Mold growth typically takes place in moist environments, so the key to reducing the occurrence of mold is to eliminate the moisture indoors. The following can help to reduce the growth of toxic mold indoors:

  • Repair any and all water leaks.
  • Ventilate and circulate the air, particularly in showers and bathrooms
  • Keep indoor humidity below 60% (preferably 30%-50%)
  • Immediately clean up water caused by spills and leaks.

Understand, it is impossible to eliminate all mold and mold spores entirely due to that fact that they are found constantly in the air and in even in house dust. However, through the reduction of moist environments indoors, mold and toxic mold growth can be eliminated and thus the symptoms and heath issues that come with them.

Casey Coke is a Marketing Manager for Natural Environmental Systems, LLC, a global supplier of eco friendly solutions for ponds, soil, wastewater and building restoration. Visit their website for information on How to Get Rid of Mold and mold killers.

Sponsored Articles

Random Articles

Different Kinds of Safes

Upon mention of the word “safe”, several things probably come to mind. Some think of those in homes with jewelry and wads of cash, others may...

Safety / Security

Give Your Home a More Spacious Feel by Removing a Wall

You don’t always need a new house in order to have a more spacious home. You can convert the space you have and retain all the things you love...

Improvements / Remodeling

Making Your Lawn Beautiful Without Any Hard Work

Almost every people would love to have a perfect lawn at their backyard throughout the year. The thing that they would love the most is to get a...

Garden / Landscaping

Why Cooktops are So Convenient

Cooktops are one alternative to a traditional gas or range oven. A traditional range stove has electric burners that are attached to the oven....

Appliance / Repair

How to Find the Right Architect for Your DIY Project

As with many home improvements, all architects have an individual approach to custom building. Rather you are building a home from the ground up...

Hire Contractors / Estimates

Actions

Contact Us | Submit Article | RSS | 411homerepair © 2016