- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 185
- Garden / Landscaping — 168
- Appliance / Repair — 149
- Interior Design / Decor — 131
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 95
- Real Estate / Finance — 95
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 72
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 68
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 61
- Safety / Security — 59
- Construction / Materials — 57
- Plumbing / Basements — 56
The Value of Timber Skids
by seizar kaelan on Apr 2, 2015
Timber skids are a specific type of construction mat. These mats are used to provide temporary ground cover, giving workers a solid platform for transportation, equipment and more. In particular, timber skids are made from high quality, all-wood timbers. These skid mats can be used for cribbing or pipelines as needed.
Temporary Solutions with Long Term Benefits
One of the best things about timber skids is that they provide unparalleled stability on short notice. These skids are used as part of the construction process, ensuring a stable platform for work to continue safely. As temporary ground covers, these skids are easy to install and can be easily removed at the end of the project.
Versatile Construction Applications
Because timber skids are so easy to install, they are also easy to move into any position as needed. This gives workers more options on the worksite, rearranging timber skids as necessary to complete any given task. Timber skids have varied uses in construction, pipelines and more.
Cost Effective Building Supplies
Construction projects are often costly ventures, which is why timber skids are especially important tools. In many cases, it is possible to rent skid mats, which can help keep costs to a minimum. Prices will vary depending on the vendor, but the best options will provide quality hardwood at affordable prices for any number of construction projects.
Most Recent Articles
- Feb 8, 2017 What to Consider When Investing in an Oak Conservatory by Guest
- Feb 5, 2017 How to Build a Container Home on a Budget by Alex Cordier
- Jan 25, 2017 Why Will Construction Industry Always Rely on Excavator Buckets? by Guest
- Jan 23, 2017 How to Take Your DIY Skills to the Next Level by Boris Dzhingarov
- Nov 10, 2016 Tennis Court to your outside space by Leona Zoey