- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 199
- Garden / Landscaping — 179
- Appliance / Repair — 152
- Interior Design / Decor — 143
- Real Estate / Finance — 106
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 100
- Doors / Garages — 88
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 80
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 71
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 71
- Plumbing / Basements — 70
- Construction / Materials — 68
Three Colour Trends for this Year
by Guest on Sep 26, 2011
Keeping ahead of the game in interior design is big business, and can often cost big bucks too. At home it is much harder to keep up with the professionals in terms of decorating than it is to keep your wardrobe up to scratch with the catwalk, so pick one or two key looks and bring them to life. For all you fashion fiends with an eye on what’s next, read on for three of the main new colour trends in home decorating for the coming year:
1. Brace yourselves, the 1980’s are back. As with clothing lines it is time to embrace the child within and hark back to the days of pastels everywhere. Think pale grey with yellow or orange, or perhaps a soft green. For example, team metal framed bedroom furniture with pastel bedding then follow the colours through onto walls.
2. Think pink. Anything goes from baby shades to hot neon, raspberries, almost red and even coral. Apply stronger colours with caution however – accent rather than overall coverage. For example, dark wood fitted bedroom furniture will look great alongside a strong raspberry pink feature wall, but contrast with a pale floor to prevent the look being too dark.
3. Back to nature. Mineral tones of grey, green and blue are with us to stay and an earthy palette is in there too with browns and greens featuring in muted tones. For example, in the bathroom replace old counter tops with natural granite and ornament the room with found stones and driftwood for a peaceful, natural finish.
All I can say is that I am glad the Olympics hasn’t influenced this lot in the same way as it seems to have permeated into every other walk of life. They really is something here for everyone and I look forward to working with these colour-ways and coming up with some fresh and innovative new rooms.
Most Recent Articles
- Dec 20, 2017 7 Reasons Why You Need to Change your Mattress by Guest
- Sep 22, 2017 8 Tips to Arrange Furniture in Your Living Room For Conversation by Rubby William
- Jul 31, 2017 10 DIY Tips to Restore Damaged Furniture by Guest
- Feb 23, 2017 How to Protect Your Furniture from Sun Damage by Alex Cordier
- Jan 21, 2017 Super Advice to Keep Your Mattress Clean and Fresh in 2017! by James Helliwell