- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 196
- Garden / Landscaping — 176
- Appliance / Repair — 152
- Interior Design / Decor — 142
- Real Estate / Finance — 104
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 100
- Doors / Garages — 88
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 80
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 71
- Plumbing / Basements — 68
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 67
- Construction / Materials — 66
Modern Canvas Art in Interior Design
by Guest on Jul 6, 2010
Art can be a way of giving an interior the wow factor without the need to spend thousands on painting and decorating.
Decorating, wallpaper and paint costs can amount to a fortune. Labour costs add quite considerably along with wall preparation and the many hidden costs that can occur when decorating, especially the case in older houses. In contrast, a piece of artwork is extremely easy and quick to hang giving instant satisfaction with no hidden costs.
A piece of artwork is something that reflects a person’s personality and individuality. It can be a statement or can blend sympathetically with a room’s design and colour scheme. It is a way of personalising a room and many pieces of artwork hold sentimental value from a special holiday or which could have been passed down from a relative.
Many people rent houses and flats. Either there are rules that the accommodation must not be altered in any way or should the tenancy be just 6 months, painting, decorating or doing any such DIY is not a viable expense in both time and money. A piece of artwork can make rented accommodation homely and provide a personal touch that is often missing in these circumstances. The piece of canvas artwork can then be packed up and moved to the next home.
There are many artists now that work closely with interior designers for both residential and business contracts. Designers can specify exactly the colours required to match the interiors and artists have been in agreement with following those schemes. It now means that some artists offer artwork that can be painted in colours to suit a client’s interior and the ability to order online enables the consumer or designer to choose from artists nationally, in fact, even worldwide. Art is becoming more and more accessible which is in turn, making pricing more accessible as well. The rise of shows such as ITV’s 60 Minute Makeover and DIY SOS, where the inclusion of pieces of canvas art are always showcased in the final room. This has enlightened home owners to the effects a piece of modern artwork has on an interior.
Modern art is defined from the 1860’s to the 1970’s in terms of galleries and art history. In recent years the appeal of modern art in a widespread context has occurred.
The new style of modern, open plan living had made for the need of equally as modern and unique art commissions for the white stark walls. The apartment living scene has especially contributed but even older style houses are having walls taken down to make way for the open plan living so popular today.
Most Recent Articles
- Jan 9, 2018 Adding a Bean Bag Chair Can Create a Certain Ambiance in Your Home by Martin Gracewell
- Dec 28, 2017 How to Choose House Plants to Match Your Interior by Guest
- Dec 20, 2017 5 Things To Consider Before Buying a Bathroom Mirror by Furniture Canada
- Oct 10, 2017 3 Ultimate Tips to Decorating Your Home Office by Rick Hill
- Oct 3, 2017 Thе Future оf Interior Dеѕіgn: Virtual Rеаlіtу (Augmеntеd Catalogs) by VR Headset