- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 255
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 232
- Appliance / Repair — 186
- Real Estate / Finance — 182
- Interior Design / Decor — 181
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 144
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 137
- Improvements / Remodeling — 129
- Plumbing / Basements — 115
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 112
- Safety / Security — 112
- Doors / Garages — 111
Ways to Kill Black Mold in Your Home
by Boris Dzhingarov on Jul 19, 2015
Black mold in your home is not only dangerous, but it can also be damaging to your property. Therefore, it is important to know how to kill the black mold before it gets out of control and costs you more money than you originally anticipated and before it ends up causing health problems in your family.
Continue reading for a few of the best ways to kill black mold throughout your home.
Clean with Bleach
Don't do it! It just removes the color, not the mold!
Use Hydrogen Peroxide or Vinegar as an Alternative to Bleach
If you don't want to use bleach because it produces harsh fumes, consider using hydrogen peroxide instead. It is anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal, so you will get a deep clean, and it also does not produce the fumes that bleach does.
To use this cleaning solution, spray it onto the mold until the area is saturated. Leave it on there for about 10 minutes to let it soak in and start killing the mold and then follow that up with a good scrubbing to remove the mold and the stains it can leave behind. When finished, all you have to do is wipe the area to remove any residual mold, including spores.
Wear Protective Materials
Whenever you are attempting to clean mold, you should wear protective materials, such as a 3M mask--especially one that is rated to protect you from black mold spores--as well as rubber gloves. In this way, you will not be exposed to the mold spores and your skin will be protected from the cleaning materials that you choose to use.
Hopefully, these tips will help you get rid of the black mold that is found anywhere in your home. If you are unable to remove it yourself or there is a lot of black mold to contend with, it is best to call in experts who can remove it quickly and completely.
Most Recent Articles
- Dec 22, 2021 5 Home Repairs that Require Immediate Attention by Guest
- Sep 2, 2021 What Type of Lift Do You Need? Disabled, Dumbwaiter or Passenger by Guest
- Jun 1, 2021 Uplift Your Home Style Quotient by Guest
- Jan 27, 2021 6 Home Repairs to Leave to an Expert by Guest
- Dec 21, 2020 Your Winter Home Upgrade Cchecklist by Guest